Free tax preparation is part of The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program, a national program that offers help to people who make a limited income and need assistance preparing their tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic tax return preparation with electronic filing. Volunteers inform taxpayers about special tax credits for which they may qualify such as Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled.
Locally, United Way California Capital Region and our partners offer myfreetaxes.com to help local residents save money during tax season.
File your taxes for FREE
In-person or online options available
Save your hard-earned dollars and see if you qualify for valuable state and federal tax credits by using one of these two FREE tax return filing services before Tuesday, April 17, this year’s tax filing deadline.
- In person at a Collier County area tax preparation site (if your household income was $66K or less in 2017). See tax preparation site locations and dates listed below.
- Online at MyFreeTaxes.com (if your household income was $66K or less in 2017). The website sponsored by United Way and powered by H&R Block software saves users an average of $200 in tax preparation fees. All you need is a valid email address, your adjusted gross income (AGI) from the previous year, and your income forms such as a W2, 1099, 1098, etc.
*Starting on Jan. 24, call 2-1-1 (for Collier County residents only) or (239) 263-4211 to schedule your appointment.
ALL APPOINTMENTS MUST BE SCHEDULED IN ADVANCE TO ENSURE OUR VOLUNTEERS HAVE SUFFICIENT TIME TO FILE YOUR RETURN.
You could earn up to $6,500 through the state and federal Earned Income Tax Credits. If you owe taxes, the EITC reduces the amount of taxes you might owe and may allow you a refund when you file your taxes. If you do not owe taxes, the EITC tax credit will provide you with a tax refund when you file your taxes.
Champions for Learning - 3606 Enterprise Ave #150, Naples, FL 34104
- 9am-1pm: Saturday 3/24
Goodwill Industries of SWFL - 3579 Tamiami Tr. E., (Naples Towne Centre), Naples, FL 34112
- 9am-3pm: Sunday 2/11, 2/25, 3/11, 3/25, 4/8
Legal Aid - 4436 Tamiami Trail E., Naples, FL 34112
- 4pm-7pm: 1st Thursdays of each month starting 2/1
- 9am-5pm: Thursdays 2/8, 2/15, 2/22, 3/8, 3/15, 3/22, 3/29, 4/12
United Way Collier County - 9015 Strada Stell Ct., Ste 206, Naples, FL 34109
- 9am-12pm: Monday's & Tuesday's from 1/29 - 4/16
Guadalupe Center, Immokalee - 505 Hope Cir, Immokalee, FL 34142
- 3pm-6pm: Wednesday 1/31, 2/14, 2/28, 3/14, 3/28, 4/11